Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Sister Kellee Walker's Tuscon, Arizona Mission - March 4, 2014

March 4, 2014

Tucson has corrupted me...

It is 75 degrees outside and I feel the need to wear a jacket... HELP!! Also, I survived transfers!! (: I'm with Sister Delap another transfer!! That means 6 months in Rincon which is pretty unheard of in this mission! I must be doing a great job!! HA just kidding, lets be humble.

So let me fill you in on the deets. Sister Delap is waiting for her Visa to go to Brazil. And Brazil can only take so many people a month, therefore she waits. As a mission, They hardly EVER pull visa waiters out of their area in the middle of a transfer. They usually always wait until the end of the transfer and then send them to their mission. So she is for sure stuck with Miss Drama Queen, Sister Walker (: HAHAH

Well folks, this week has been a great one!! The dedication for the Gilbert Temple was on Sunday and we got to go!! (: It was a really cool experience! I remember going to one once before when I was younger but I think I have more appreciation for it now that I'm older! There was a lot of really cool things said and the spirit was very very strong!! I wrote about it in my journal so we will have to look through it together when I get home!!
That is so awesome that Mark is coming home TODAY! Will you pleeeeassssssseeeeeeeee tell him that Sister Walker says hello!! I am very grateful for the friendship we have and I hope we can still have that friendship after all these years!! He is a spectacular young man & I'm excited to hear all about his mission!! So please tell him hello. And bishop too. I like him a lot (:

So basically the week has been really slow but we have worked reeeeeally hard which makes it all worth it in the end (: We actually have 2 new investigators that we are working with and they are 14 year sisters!! They have been coming to mutual and have such a strongggg desire to be baptized, which i think is incredible!! (See Keaton, Mutual isn't all THAT bad!! When you embrace it, you'll find that it brings a lot of fun memories!!) The 2 sisters are actually adopted, so it's really fun for me to bond with them that way and they are just like little sisters to me. I LOVE IT. Their names are Ariel and Lux.

Other than that, we have just been working really hard to get the work moving again. We talk to EVERYONE! Literally EVERYONE. At first it was kinda hard for me to do that, but now I just love it. I love people and I love interacting with them and getting to know them on a more personal level. The work is great guys. It really is. I hope Mom and Dad get an opportunity to serve a mission together. And you too Keaton. Make it your goal now to serve so when the times comes, you'll already have your mind made up.

Well, I'm kinda out of ideas. Hahaha this morning was crazy. we had to pick up some sisters from the transfer site reaaaaaally early and there was a bit of a fiasco with housing. And one of the sisters got her garments stolen.... But it all worked out. hahaha people are so dumb sometimes.

OH OH one more thing. I made a goal to read the bible and I'm in Exodus right now and holy crap it is sooooo strange. But I am actually really enjoying it (: I miss reading and having time to sit down and read. ENJOY IT MOM and find time to read. hahaha

Alrighty I love you all so very much.
Keaton, I am soooooo proud of you and I'm so excited to see the pictures mom is sending me!! Find time to write me a letter yeah? I miss you most probs. But don't tell mom and dad. hahah

Be safe and remember,

MY BIRTHDAY IS IN A WEEEEEEEK!! (:  hahaha celebrate hard for me okay? Eat lots of white cake with no frosting and buy 20 big balloons and then suck all the helium out and sound like noobs. hahaha love you
Also, I'm going to send home my SD Card sometime soon cause it's full but make sure you get all the pictures from all the folders. and send me a new card? Thanks

LOVE YOU!!
Love always, Sister 20 year old Walker (:

Sweet Sister Walker!

Sweet Sister Delap


No comments:

Post a Comment