Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Sister Kellee Walker's Tuscon, Arizona Mission - March 5, 2014

March 5, 2014

Miracles from the stake fast

Hey folks!
So I was asked (just last week) by a lady who represents the mission to do a write up on the Rincon Stake Fast back in November.
Here is what I sent to her!
Hopefully it is okay!! (: Let me know what you think!

Being a missionary is great guys.
I truly love it, even though it is killer hard, i am having the time of my life.

I love you.
Be safe and remember how much I care for you.

Love always, Sister Kellee Jo Walker

------------------------------------------
When I first got transferred to Rincon Stake, the upcoming Sunday was fast Sunday and my companion informed me that there would be a special fast not only by just the ward, but including the entire stake! Before my mission, I was never forced to participate in fasting. It is a personal matter between you and the Lord and I never felt the need to fast. But from the beginning of my mission, I made a goal for myself to fast with a purpose and how overjoyed I was to hear that the whole stake and everyone within would be participating in a special fast, with a special purpose: Missionary Work.

It was amazing to me how the moment we stepped foot inside the church building, we could literally feel the support from the members and it didn't stop there! For weeks after the fast, we continued to see miracle after miracle; non-members walking into the church, people finding a mormon.org card in the gutter, people being interested in church tours, referrals from members, the list goes on and on! It was incredible to see the members get so excited for missionary work! Especially as we would bring our investigators to church and invite them to come teach with us. The ward unity increased and we could physically see the 'hastening of the work' happening right before us as we worked shoulder to shoulder.

"When we fast and pray with faith, we are more receptive to receiving answers to our prayers and blessings from the Lord. He promises that He will guide us continually." (Preach My Gospel pg 79)

I know that as we strive to fast with a specific purpose and pray with faith, we will receive the blessings we so desire.

"...blessed are all they that put their trust in Him." -Psalms 2:12

No comments:

Post a Comment