Monday, November 4, 2013

Sister Kellee Walker's Tucson, Arizona Mission - November 4, 2013

NOVEMBER 4, 2013
(yes, I'm posting from this far back- the BLOG has been Neglected, but Sister Kellee has Not!)



Be Prepared for RAMBLES.......

Well folks, I have a little bit more information on my area where I'm serving. I'm currently in the Saguaro Park (Sawaroh) Ward which includes the Saguaro National Park and my area goes all the way over to Vale, so it covers A LOT. It is a lot different than Campbell Ward, that's for sure! Campbell ward was super ghetto and was jam packed with people and apartments but here, it is sooooo spread out. We sometimes are driving for 30 minutes just to get from one place to the next. And we have 1500 miles a month so we have to be careful. And there are NO street lights here. Literally NONE because they have an observatory near by and they can't have the light pollution. How cool is that? It makes for beautiful nights (: Between the sunsets, the dirt roads and the starts, It's beautiful here.

Happy Birthday Keaton!!  It sounds like you had a pretty sick birthday!! Sometimes I wish I could just sit and play video games with my comp. But I think I'd rather be out and about! There's so much to do!! You'll have to tell me all about what you did and with who! Dad sent me a picture of you and teeko.... When did you get so handsome? I think my companion has a crush on you!! And what the heck is with the pink flamingos? hahah So I was feeling pretty down on your birthday because I wasn't there to celebrate and I hadn't sent your package yet but then we got a knock on our door and it was the zone leaders and they had a package for me!! I got a present on YOUR birthday! It was very much needed. I love love love that you guys sent me fall leaves. I started crying a little bit because it reminded me so much of home. Especially the picture of my primary class. They are the cutest things. And the Halloween card is soooooo stinkin cute. I'm very impressed mom!
I have met a lot of interesting people this last week. Sunday was a little overwhelming but I think I'm going to like it here. On Sunday the whole stake participated in a fast to help the missionary work progress and I even got up and bore my testimony in front of a billion people I don't even know. It was scary, but I thought to myself, 'you share your testimony everyday in small ways to people you teach, why can't you share your testimony with these people who share your same beliefs and who are supporting you as a missionary.' So i did it, and it was amazing.
Our apartment is aaaaaaaadorable. I would send pictures but I accidentally deleted ALL of my pictures. But good news, I called brother Jones from Campbell Ward and he owns a photo store and he was able to find all the pictures for me FOR FREE. I owe him cookies. But he wasn't able to put them back on the card, so he put them on a CD which I will send home and I would like you to send them back printed if you would (: Also, our neighbors name is Thomas and he is a total HOOT. He smokes a lot so in the morning around 7:30 he wakes up and starts coughing and coughing and coughing and then turns on his radio and just sings at the top of his lungs during our study time. We giggle about it everyday. And there is a stupid dog that sounds like a baby dinosaur that barks day in and day out. its annoying. But other than that, our apartment is so awesome. I can't wait to one day own my own place and decorate it how I want!

Halloween was pretty lame. Curfew was 7:00 so we just sat in our apartment and talked about girl stuff and I ate candy and cookies and milk. Sister Cook is allergic to sugar so I ate all her candy too. I was okay with that. (: Each apartment got a little paper to stick on their door that said TRICK OR TREATERS WELCOME. and if you wanted trick or treaters, you stuck it on your door, if you didn't, then you just didn't put it on your door. so we didn't have to worry about people knocking on our door. I wish we could have, but it was against our rules. 
Dad, you will be so so so proud of me!! I totally ate Elk last night and it was divine. I am learning to eat more foods and I'm coming to realize that food is pretty great. I know why you like it so much! hahaha I'm still weary about pie though.. I'll work on it.
Last but not least,
I want to tell you guys about the vision Sister Cook and I came up with. So our vision is to create a ward that the Lord can trust. And we are going to accomplish that by having 2 baptisms this transfer, bring back 2 less actives and serve in someway every day. How great is that? We are challenging the ward members to create a family vision for this month on how they can strengthen their relationship as a family. Maybe that's something you guys can do!

So there ya go. I hope you are all having a fantastic Monday. I sure do love each of you more than anything in this whoooooole world. And dad, you are more than welcome to sit in my room whenever you want to. I don't mind it at all (: I miss your guys' hugs. I'll be expecting a huuuuge hug from y'all when I get off that plane.

Love you to the moon and back.

Love always, Your sweet sister missionary, Sister Walker




No comments:

Post a Comment