Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Sister Kellee Walker's Tucson Arizona Mission - November 12, 2013


November 12, 2013

The Lord Continues to Bless Me With Sunsets, 
I Wish You Could See Them in Person!


Hello there my beautiful family!!



Okay so i hope yall are ready for this crazy email!! This week has been insane. There has been soooo many miracles. I don't think I will even be able to tell you about all of them, but I will try my hardest to remember them all. (I even made a list to try to remember) There has also been some crazy stuff that has happend so bear with me!!
1) I was reading some talks in the ensign and I decided that you guys should read 'Love Her Mother' by Elaine S Dalton. It is sooooo very good.
2)  I had to delete #2, It listed too many names!!!
3) This is totally random, but I have totally changed my mind about being an elementary teacher. I decided that I want to be NICU Nurse and work with all the new babies who's spirits have just left their Heavenly Home. Plus, they are amazing creatures and I would love to work with them more closely. I absolutly am fasinated by their development and I really feel like that is something I need to spend time learning about. And also, I want to minor in astronomy. The stars here are incredible. I wish you guys could see them. They don't have any street lights since there is an observatory and they can't have the light pollution but I LOVE it. I think it's amazing that God gave this all to us. There is a quote from John Lewis that says, "The more we look at the universe, the less it looks like a great machine, and the more it looks like a great thought." How great is that?
(This just made me laugh, coming from a girl who can't stand BLOOD!!  But maybe the Astronomy part wouldn't be bad, if she can handle the Math!!)
4) Okay so crazy story. Every Friday, Sister Cook and I sit down for 3 hours and do Weekly Planning. Which is when we pray about people we need to visit and we plan on lessons to teach them in order to help them progress for the week ahead of us. So we were in our living room weekly planning right? Well earlier that morning we had gone on a run and hadn't locked the door after we had gotten back (BAD IDEA). Well we are weekly planning and then KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK. Someone is knocking on our door... and we live up on the second floor and no one knows where we live besides the District Leaders. So I look though the peep hole and realize it is our  neighbor.  So i whisper to my comp and tell her who it is and she gets a worried look on her face and mouths, "DONT OPEN IT!" and then i look down and realize that the door is unlocked and i get a gut wrenching feeling just as He turns the door knob.. and steps into our appartment...
UH HECK NO. I honestly think he just wanted to visit but that's a big no no having someone in your appartment. And what was wierd was that he kept asking all these personal questions like where are you going today? What time are you leaving? Who are you going with? When will you be home? and we didn't really answer his questions and told him he had to leave and then we called our district leader and told him what happend and they live in the same complex as we do so they went and talked to him about it. I'm not sure what they said, but it must have worked because he hasn't been knocking on our door anymore. And don't worry, we always lock our door now.
5) Nana Fietkau sent me a letter :') I just love that family so so so so much. Tell her thank you from the bottom of my heart. I will write her when I find the time. I am so grateful for those who take the time to think of me, even though I am far away.


6) The Mormon Heritage Festival was on Saturday and it was soooooo freaking fun!! Half of the mission got together and we all got to do service there! We all got yellow vests to wear and worked at little booths. Sister Cook and I got to work at the Doll Making Station and so now I know how to make dolls out of random scraps of fabric and cotton balls. Hhaha It was really great to see all the missionaries from my last area. I may have cried a little when I had to leave. Just becuase they all showed so much love to me. It feels so good to be needed. And my beautiful Sister Vassar ran up to me and gave me the BIGGEST hug. I just love her to pieces. I miss Campbell Ward very very very much but I'm learning to love Saguaro park ward. It will just take time. The ward membest are all very supportive and are very kind to me and patient as I try to learn the area and everyones names. Like I said, It will just take time. 



7) So I just realized that today is my 5 month mark? What the heck?!?? Where is the time going? Also, it is 11/12/13 today. How sweet is that? Hahah I've already been out 5 whole months! I am so proud of myself. It hasn't been easy, but it has been so so so rewarding.
8) Okay so miracle wise, the stake all participated in a fast on fast sunday to help the missionary work progress. I think I told you about it already. But since then, we have seen so many miracles. Members have come up to us and asked us how they can help us, We have 2 new investigators who are soooooo prepared. Our other investigators are progressing so much and there are multiple less active members who have expressed a desire to come back to church which is CRAZY. My testimony on fasting has increased so much just from this short week. 


I hope you guys are having a fantastic week and I can't wait to get more letters from you. 

Hope your birthday was good keaton and i hope yours is good too mommy!


Also, you mentioned chirstmas.. Try to get skype working in case i get to skype you guys!

Hopefully I remembered everything i needed to. Hahaha Okay time's up. Love you.


Love you to pieces. 

Love, Sister Kellee Walker



No comments:

Post a Comment