Monday, November 18, 2013

Sister Kellee Walker's Tucson, Arizona Mission - November 18, 2013

November  18, 2013

You know you are exhausted when you knock on a door and say, "Hey we're the Mission Mormonaries....." But it's a good kind of exhausted (:


My Sunsets:)


Scariest Spider EVA !


I LOVE You to the Moon and Back :)


 Happy birthday mom!! I'm glad you got the cactus!! Did you notice what the name of the cactus is? The OLD LADY cactus (: HAHA I thought it was pretty funny...
It's 82 degrees in freaking November.  Poor people in Utah...so sad, Boo hoooo, hahahahahah, love you!
    I don't remember if I ever told you thank you guys for the corn bag. I have been putting it in the freezer and using it as a cold bag instead of a heated bag since its still a billion degrees. And it doesn't help that the apartments we live in turned the AC off and turned on the Heater... We sleep with the windows open and the fans on and my corn bag. So THANK YOU!


Okay so I wanted to tell you guys about a crazy experience that happened to me this week. So on November 14th (moms birthday) my companion and I went on exchanges. Which means the sister trainer in the area takes either sister cook or I out of our area and we spend the day learning from her and then her companion goes into our area! And it was my turn to leave the area so I spent the day with sister marsh. And they are in a biking area so I got to spend the whole day on a bike!! It was so fun, aside from the fact that my skirt wouldn't stay down. Luckily I wore a pair of shorts underneath. But anyways, It was later in the evening and we stopped by a less active ladies home to invite her to an activity that was going on that night. So we set our bikes against her home and went in to invite her and to use her bathroom. We were in her home about 15 minutes, come out and sister marsh's bike was GONE!!! Oh man it was intense. We ended up calling the police and getting everything figured out and then ended up walking everywhere else that day. And as of today, she still hasn't found the bike.. That was a pretty rough day. But I learned how to deal with stressful situations!! (: Hahaa



On Wednesday, we had interviews with President Killpack which were VERY much needed. Every 3 months, he interviews every missionary here, just to see how they are doing. Which I think is fantastic. I just love that man very much. He had a lot of wonderful things to say which gave me the confidence I needed to endure all the trials we face as missionaries. He said He was very proud of the work I was accomplishing.  Because of the love President shows me, I know without a doubt that my Heavenly Father loves me even more. I am very grateful to have him as a mission president.
We had 3 investigators at church yesterday!! That is quite a huge accomplishment. We are teaching a lot of fantastic people right now, both less active and investigators. I feel very blessed to be here. 


Okay so I only have a few minutes left (since I've been talking with papa, which was very much needed).  -Sometimes Kellee and her Papa have been able to Link-up while she emails.  They timed this by accident the first time, but it dosen't happen very often!-  But I wanted to talk about something that is really rather cool. So during personal study this morning, I decided to take some time and study my patriarchal blessing and there were a few things that really stood out to me. So first it talks about being spared to come forth in these latter days which is to be looked at as a blessing because of the life I lived in the Pre-Mortal life. Then it talks about being in the Tribe of Ephraim so I looked up in the Bible Dictionary Ephraim and I LOVED what it said, "And in the last days it has been the tribe of Ephraim's privilege first to bear the message of the Restoration of the Gospel to the world and to gather scattered Israel" How cool is that?! I loved that because it tied into the rest of my blessing talking about having been given leadership skills and having the ability, the skill and the talents to share the gospel and how giving of my time is part of my life mission. I now know without a doubt that I am supposed to be here. I made the right decision and I don't need to worry about it anymore. I just need to serve with all my heart, might, mind and strength. Man, this gospel is true.



I love you all so very much & wish I had more time to write you all. 

Remember to make good choices and to say your prayers. 
I can't wait to do scripture study with you all when I get home. 



Love always, 

Your sweet Sister Walker.

No comments:

Post a Comment