Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Catching up on Sister Kellee's Adventures

From October 21, 2013
(My computer got updated to "8" and i have been trying to learn how to use it, sorry these are posted so late.  Thanks for your prayers of safety and protection for Our Kellee, she truly is an Amazing Sister Missionary!)

Cute pumpkins for Our "Pumpkin"

This week I was able to understand a small portion of Heavenly Fathers love for me. 
And the love my earthly father has for me as well as an understanding of the kind of spouse to look for.


What a beautiful blessing we all have been given; to feel the love our Father has for us. 
(watch the video) LOVE YOU!

This week has been incredibly slow. We didn't teach very many lessons and a lot of our investigators dropped us . Which means they told us they don't want to meet with us anymore :'( Oh how it breaks my little heart to pieces. I think it hurts so much because I personally know how much this gospel can bless their lives and they don't even understand what they are missing. I have such a love for all these people and they don't even give us a chance to show them the love their Father has for them. I sent you guys a link to a Mormon message that I recently watched and I wish I could just show it to the whole world. When we get I pads, I can show it to people but for now, I just have to wait. The video touched my heart in many different ways and i continue to get different messages each time I watch it. My Heavenly Father has given me absolutely everything for one reason; He loves me. He wants me to return to him having completed my life mission and to experience complete joy. And we can't accomplish that unless we are living the Gospel of Jesus Christ, which is;  1. Faith in Jesus Christ 2. Repentance 3. Baptism 4. Receiving the Holy Ghost and 5. Enduring to the End. As we continually live the Gospel of Jesus Christ, we will experience complete joy throughout life. I know without a doubt that this is Gods plan and that He wants nothing but the best for each and every one of us. What a beautiful Blessing.


We have been focusing on the Less actives in the ward since we are having a hard time finding people to teach. Bringing back the fold is just as important as finding sheep to bring to the fold. We had a lot of less actives come back to church this Sunday which was amazing. It is so great to see people hunger for their testimonies that they once had. As you show them love and support, they will find their testimony and eventually find their way back. 
We have also been doing A TON of service this week. Dad, guess what?!?!?? Sister Vassar and I and the Elders poured concrete for an investigator of ours named Vern!! ( Kellee's Grandpa Shepherd's nickname was Vern!)  It was pretty awesome. We had to mix and pour it by hand which was kinda hard but it was still really fun.
Transfers are in a week and I sincerely hope I don't get transferred. I have come to love spending these past 4 months with the Campbell Ward. The members here are so great. You'd be so proud, I've learned everyone's name and their kids names as well. We have become a family and the support they give to the missionaries is incredible. They sacrifice so much to help this missionary work progress and I am so grateful for all they do for us. They give comfort, they give food, they give love, they give council, they give of their time, they give so much to help us. The members in a ward play such a huge role in helping the Lords work continue. Being a missionary is such an amazing experience. My emotions may be all over the place at times but the experiences i'm having are so incredible. I wouldn't trade them for anything in the world. The Lord is preparing me for the experiences i'm going to have in the future. He's preparing me to be a mother to his children. He's trusting me with the people here in Tucson and I couldn't be more grateful. 


I love this work.
I love my Father.
I love all i'm learning.
I love being Sister Walker.
Love always, Kellee jo Walker

No comments:

Post a Comment