Monday, November 25, 2013

Sister Kellee Walker's Tucson, Arizona Mission - November 25, 2013

November 25, 2013

ANOTHER CRAZY WEEK


Sister's Walker and Cook

Okay so you guys are going to be sooooo excited because last week, on Friday, we drove down to Benson Arizona to have a Half Mission Conference (where half the mission gets together to have a conference) and we got to hear from Elder Paul V Johnson of the 70!! It was soooo amazing. 150 or so missionaries stuffed in the chapel listening to a general authority. It was a really cool experience. He talked a lot about working with the members and including them in EVERYTHING we do, which I thought was great because that's what Sister Cook and I have been focusing on. And then He totally shifted gears and talked about something that is alot more personal to every missionary which is comparing ourselves to other missionaries. He joked about comparing himself to the people he works with AKA President Monson!! He said he had to give a talk once at General Conference right after President Uchtdorf and he was terrified. He helped each of us feel more of our Heavenly Fathers love for us and told us not to compare because we are each unique in our own individual ways. It was a really great experience and I think every missionary there needed to hear it. 
Sister Cook and I get along great and I am so very thankful for that. She reminds me often that the Lord didn't call me to succeed, He called me to serve. And that is exactly what I am doing each and every day and I love it so much. I am happy here, even though it is very hard at times. A member in the ward, Sister Herr told me something that I really liked. She said, "A mission isn't the best 2 years of your life, It's the hardest 2 years. But it's the best 2 years FOR your life." I loved that, because it is sooooo true. There are so many things I have gone through good and bad, but all these experiences are to prepare me for the rest of my life, on through eternity. 
We are going to be on bikes for the next week or 2 since our car had to go into the shop. I named our car Viva because she vibrates ALL THE TIME. It's kind of annoying, but she's a babe so it's okay. hahha so we are going to be on bikes, so pray for my saftey, it's scary riding bikes on the road but we made a goal to get 4 new investigators this week and I know we can accomplish it because the Lord has provided a way for us to be out and about all week. Weird how that stuff works out. And guess what?!?!??? It rained for 2 days straight last week!! Isn't that bizzare? It was 80 degrees, then it rained for 2 days and now its been in the 50's. And some places even got a little bit of snow! And you know the cute little cockroach on Walle? Well i've found out that they really aren't that cute. We have quite a few in our appartment, especially now that it's getting cold. They crawl up from the bathtub and sink drain so we have to close them or we get even more little nasty bugs. And i've learned to roll down the stupid plastic bag inside the cereal boxes because all the cockroaches crawl in there and eat all my cereal...... so be warned keaton. ROLL DOWN THE BAGS IN THE CEREAL BOXES. :) For Thanksgiving we are going to the Georges who live way down old spanish trail and we are just having a giant feast and spending the day with them. It will be nice to be around a family. I will take lots of pictures as long as you take a lot as well. 
Also, on a more spiritual note. I have been trying so haaaaard to finish Alma in the Book of Mormon and it's taking me forever because this is all the war chapters, which are soooooo freaking cool. Helaman is such a stud. But I just read in chapter 57 about the 2000 stripling warriors and they are just the coolest. I absolutely love love love when Helaman sends an epistle to Moroni telling him about the battles they've been having and Helaman talks so highly of his Stripling Warriors. He says time and time again how his 'little band of warriors' are so courageous and strong and how they learned from their mothers how to love the Lord. Oh man, I just loved it. I can't wait to come home and study the scriptures with you guys. Especially you, keaton! I am so excited for you read them and to love them as much as I do!! 

For Thanksgiving, I just wanted to say thanks to you all.
Mom, Thank you for all you do to help me. And all you have done. You are truly the greatest gift and greatest blessing. I can never repay you for all you have taught me. You are just like the mothers in the Book of Mormon who taught their children to love the Lord with all their heart. I know you don't think you did a good job, but look at me!! I have become who I am today, because of you. So thank you for being you. And being my mommy. :)
Dad, Thank you for loving me. I am so blessed to be your sweet pumpkin. And thank you for your emails. I treasure them very much. Remember how much I love you. And don't you worry, I hold Ted close every night because She reminds me of home.  -Ted is Kell's teddy bear, yes, she is a girl named Ted.  That's my daughter for ya!-   I love you I love you I love you and I pray for you so very often. I can't wait for that hug. 
Keaton, Thank you thank you thank you for being my best friend. I miss you so so so so much and it is so hard sometimes to be away, but I know that you will always be there for me, just like you have been. Thank you for loving me and having fun with me and letting me dress you up like a girl. That was fun. :) Write me more, because I secretly miss you the most.

I love you all so much. 
And i'll keep my eyes out for that comet. 
Be safe and give everyone my love. 
Love always, Your sweet Sister Kellee Jo Walker

No comments:

Post a Comment