Monday, June 30, 2014

Sister Kellee Walker's Tuscon, Arizona Mission - June 30, 2014

A Week of Miracles

June 30, 2014

Hey there family!!
I have a lot to tell you and not a lot of time so hopefully this all makes sense. hahaha

Ready.. Set.. GO!!!!!!

So the biggest most exciting thing this week started last Wednesday. Our zone made a goal to find 33 news in one week which is INSANE for North Zone, Especially since we average about 12 news a week. So we set this amazing goal & President found out about it and said if we hit that goal, he would provide a steak lunch!

On Wednesday this week, we were at 20 news and we had one day to get 13 more and you'll never guess how many we found. 43 NEW INVESTIGATORS in one week! Holy crap that's insane yo. In North Zone we have 8 companionship's so we figured we could each find around 2.5 investigators and we would hit the goal But by the end of the week, Sister Barnes and I found 7 new investigators! :)  We saw a lot of miracles this week & it was an honor to be able to be the LAST zone to see President and Sister Killpack before they go home. 

Here is a list of all the people we are teaching now:
Kisha
Mace
Aaron
Ryan 
Dillon 
Brie
Tammy
Dianna
Trevor
Kathy 
Friday
Suzette
Nadine
Tom 
Sophie
Zach
Barb
17 investigators.. That's a lot to handle!!

Look at that beautiful list of people we are teaching! God has truly blessed this area!  What a testimony builder of diligence and obedience! When Sister Barnes and I are working in unity with the same purpose, we can perform miracles. Ether 12:12 "For if there be no faith among the children of men, God can do no miracle among them; Wherefore He showed not himself until after their faith."

I think it's funny though, how exhausted I have been yet God continued to add people & responsibility into my life. Even from day 1 of my mission, I've grown SO Much. Being trained in a trio, Taylor passing away, Sister Dredge, Being transferred, deciding to stay, training, becoming a STL, Sister Fuller, working my butt off & God continues to add more trials and blessings because HE knows my potential. And it's even more amazing because He will never give me more than I can handle and HE is trusting me with all this because HE knows my heart. HE knows how much this gospel means to me and understands all that I can become through HIS Son, Jesus Christ. 

I am just continually learning so much, it's incredible. I love being a missionary.I truly do, will all my heart. I don't want to go home. Bleh. Actually I take that back, I do want to go home, I Just don't want to leave this behind.
It will be hard for sure. But like you said mom, Change is good right?  

Today is President & Sister Killpacks last day on the mission and President & Sister Passey's first day.
We are going to see a lot of changes and all we need to do as missionaries is sustain and support them in all they do.

Sister Barnes and I as sister training leaders, get to talk to President every monday at 9:20 to fill him in on how our sisters are doing So we decided to sing him a song since Sis. Barnes can play the Uke & I sang!  We sang him, "I Hope They Call Me On A Mission" From the children's hymn book but we added one more verse just for him & this is how it goes:

"We're so glad they called you on a mission!
For you have served the Lord, it's true!
You taught us to be missionaries,
You've loved us, served us & we're going to miss you!!"
I love president so much!
Mom, Give him a BIG HUGE hug for me when you see him since I wasn't allowed to hug him. hahaha

This gospel is amazing & I hope you are using it fully in your life, because if you are, you will see the blessings flow. 

I love you all so much & I miss you just the same.

Keaton, You are a stud. I can't wait to see you!!
Keep up the great work with all you're doing! (:

LOVE YOU!!


Love always, Sister Kellee Jo Walker

Kellee and Sister Killpack

Reward dinner with the Killpack's

No comments:

Post a Comment