Monday, June 23, 2014

Sister Kellee Walker's Tuscon, Arizona Mission - June 23, 2014

Last Week with Mr. President

June 23, 2014

Hello there family (: 

This week has been great beyond great. 
We were able to spend a lot of time with the Killpack's, which was hard, but fun. 
It was their last Zone Conference before they go home!!
Zone Conference is where a 3 zones come together to receive training from President, Sister Killpack, the AP's and the 3 Zone Leaders. And so it was really fun to be able to see a bunch of my friends from past zones and we were able to take time to catch up!!

We had a fun little tie cutting and cloth decorating party because that is a tradition the Killpacks have done these past 3 years.  And we were able to take time to say goodbye to them one by one and that was absolutely perfect because I am SO grateful for the Killpack's. Especially President. He has helped me with countless trials and has given me the love and support I've needed to endure. He gave me his contact information so if you want it, let me know and I can give it to yah!! 

Also during zone conference, I was asked by the zone leaders to participate in the musical number... oh my gosh it was so scary!!  But I did it and it turned out really really well. There was 4 sisters and 4 elders and we sang Come Come Ye Saints in a cool arrangement (: The spirit was really strong and man, I conquered my fear for sure. hahaha  And not only that fear but the AP's had an awesome training on Ordinances
and they asked a few people to come up on the spot to share their testimonies about a specific ordinance.
And I thought for sure I wasn't going to get called because we were running short on time and they had already called 3 people up BUT then Elder Blyel looks at me from the stand and winks at me, gets up and says, 
"Well, we have time for one more so we are going to ask Sister Walker to come up and share her testimony about the Sacrament Ordinance" I about punched him. hahhahaa not really but it's kinda nerve wracking having to get up on the spot to do that in front of everyone. But I talked a lot about Keaton and how much it meant to me to see him worthy to pass the sacrament and someday to bless the sacrament. And how we can receive that renewal each week as we remember our Savior and the promises we made at baptism. That experience of sharing my testimony was really needed and I'm glad they had time for "One More" Hahaha Everyone just picks on me. hahha

We've been given a lot of responsibility these last few weeks, preparing for President Passey to arrive. 
Things are going to be very different, but change is good!

Here are a quote from President Killpack that made me laugh, "Be supportive and sustain him because I am just a drug pusher from Delta Utah." Hahhahaa man he is a hoot. 

He also said, "The faster this mission becomes the Passey's, the faster the work hastens." 
I am excited to see how he runs things and the miracles that will come along with the changes!

We also went on exchanges again this week with Sister O'Donnell and Sister Frazier (: 
We only have one more exchange this transfer! They are exhausting. hahhaa We normally go on 5 exchanges, one a week and then leave the last week open since it's CRAZY!  But something I've learned about exchanges is that exchanges bring miracles.  Mostly because we are both on our best behavior and we both have a desire to find people and Talk With Everyone. It's great fun!! Plus it's like having a sleep over every week with your best friend!! Win Win 

Here is a list of the investigaors we are teaching, just in case you wanted it. 
Zack
Suzette
Nadine
Dianna
Trevor
Asia
Barb
Sophie
Kathy
Friday (yes his name is friday)
Tammy
They are amazing and I have loved seeing the work move forward as we are diligent and obedient. 

There has also been a lot of change in the ward, with the new bishop!!
Bishop Gibbons is amazing and I love all that he is doing!!
It has helped me gain a greater love for Bishop Veenker! Not that I didn't love him, but now I just love him more.
Do you think he will let me drive his mustang as a reward of serving a mission? (: hahahah 

Any ways, 
Things are great and I am beyond happy. 
I love my mission, I love my Savior and I love His gospel.
Keep pushin through the struggles, They will pass, I promise!

Love always,
Sister Kellee Walker

Ps: Dad, I am SOOOOOO sorry that I haven't gotten your fathers day gift sent off. 
Things have just been super duper busy. I have it sitting on my desk but I'm always too tired to do anything with it.  HAHA but I will somehow find the energy to finish it and get it sent off. Just know I love you so (: 


Last Zone Conference with the Killpack's

I Love the Killpack's

Kellee is so Buff!! (Her words )

No comments:

Post a Comment