Monday, June 16, 2014

Sister Kellee Walker's Tuscon, Arizona Mission - June 16, 2014

Happy Father's Day

June 16, 2014

Good heavens, I feel like it's been FOREVER since we last talked!!

Dad, when you said that you went out to Texas Road House and a movie for Fathers day.. I hope you guys didn't go on Sunday............ (: If so, you need to repent and never do that again!! 

I hope your fathers day was as good as mine!! (:

There is a lot that happened this week so bare with me as a scramble my thoughts all over the place! 
1. Yes I did get your package with the letters and the cute neck-less that i'm wearing right now and the stickers!! 
2. Yes the pizza man did catch us and it was a delicious suprise! We ended up calling a few sisters and elders to come help us eat it because it was HUUUUGE! 
3. To answer your question mom about exchanges, when we go on exchanges, yes we do stay the night so it's an awesome sleep over BUT we don't sleep on the floor. I don't know where you got that idea.. hahaha maybe you saw a picture of my nap spot? I take naps on the floor in the sun during lunch usually or maybe you saw the picture of Sister Dredge and Embry sleeping on our floor when their apartment was infested with cockroaches? I don't' know. hahaha But we usually sleep in the other sisters bed for exchanges so no need for a blow up mattress. 

Okay as for this week:
I AM EXHAUSTED. 
I think I'm exhausted 90% of the time and the other 10% is when i'm sleeping.  But what's new. hahaha 
STL responsibilities wear me out! But I love it with my whole soul. So I had this crazy realization the other day that I would love to share with you (: 

Things in this area have EXPLODED!! There is so much work going on and the Lord has blessed us with 10 people to teach! Can you believe that?! We are teaching 10 people the gospel of Jesus Christ!! PLUS there are some amazing potentials that we need to contact and start teaching.  And it kind of just hit me that even though last transfer was a darker and really hard for me, I was able to endure the trials and now the Lord is blessing me for MY obedience and MY willingness to push on. Heavenly Father knows that we learn and grow and become stronger as we face and survive the trials that we're given. I know that there are times we will experience sorrow, heart-breaking sorrow, when we will grieve and when we will be tested to our limits. BUT these challenges allow us to change for the better, to rebuild our lives in the way our Heavenly Father teaches us and to become something different from what we were, more understanding than we were, more empathetic than we were with stronger testimonies than we had before. And I receive great comfort in knowing that we weren't placed on this earth to walk it alone. What an amazing of power, strength and comfort is available to each of us! He who knows us better than ourselves, He who sees the bigger picture and knows the end from the beginning, He has promised us that He will be there for us to provide help if we just ask. What a beautiful promise. 

I was feeling a little overwhelmed this week with it being my year mark and things like that but then I was reading in D&C 123:16 and 17 (: It talks about a large ship that is being directed by a very small helm during a storm and it talks about cheerfully doing all things that lie in OUR power and then we can stand still, with the utmost assurance to see the salvation of GOD and for His arm to be revealed. As long as we are doing all we can do, God will protect us from the wears and tears of life. Ya know? This gospel is a beautiful thing & I'm so grateful for the knowledge i'm gaining! (: 

My year mark was so much fun (: As you saw from the pictures, we were on exchanges that day so I was in La Canada ward with Sister Stratton who was also celebrating her year mark. So we went out to Macayos and ate some cake and taught a LOT of people and got a little sunburned but it was a blast! And then the next day was Friday and we ate dad's surprise with the elders and helped some people move into a new house and then opened my package and then burned my shirt (: It was a blast for sure!!

ALSO there was a huge miracle that happened on Sunday!!
Not only did 4 of our investigators come to church,  But I was sitting in sacrament meeting, thinking a lot about Dad and how this would be his last Sunday in his calling.. But then the craziest thing happened!
Out of the blue, our Bishop, Bishop Johnson got released! Now let me tell you about Bishop Johnson, he is a great man who i'm sure has helped many organizations in the ward and seen a lot of progress but he doesn't believe in missionary work and has never called any ward missionaries to work with us and doesn't believe in setting goals for baptisms or anything like that so it was a little frustrating to work with him but I sustained him as my bishop and tried my hardest to be upbeat and excited about missionary work. And out of nowhere, he gets released and BAM our old ward mission leader gets called to be our bishop and the first things he said at the pulpit was about his mission. OH MY GOSH i about killed over dead. He said something that I think i'll carry with me for the rest of my life. He said, "Some people come and go but there are those who come, make a difference and then go." The spirit smacked me in the face and I had the strongest desire to make a difference. The Lord knew that Bishop Gibbons had a desire to get the work moving in this area and i'm sure the Lord knows that you, Dad, are going to be there for those young men to help them prepare for their missions and to help them live up to their potential. Have faith in Christ and rely on him. Be like the the large ship and the little helm. (: I know you will do great things for those boys. 

Dad, I'm soooo sorry I haven 't gotten my letter sent to you yet.. This week has just worn me out physically and emotionally. All I do during my lunch hour is stuff my face with protien and then sleep. Hahaha but be expecting something soon (: 

I just wanted you to know how much I truly truly love you. You have given me so much in this life and I know there are times where I have taken that for granted but I realize now just how much our relationship has grown. Heavenly Father knew just how much love you would give to me and all that love is just how much I needed to be the best Kellee Jo Walker that He knows I can be. Despite all the doubts Satan puts in your mind, please remember that you can do so much more than you think you can. You are a son of God who has a perfect purpose on this earth. You have accomplished so much and I know He is so proud of you, because I am so proud of you. <3

I hope your Fathers Day was great and that you could feel my love for you. 
I'm looking forward to that hug in 6 months!!

Have a great week family (: 
ALSO, thank you Keaton for my letter!! I cried a little bit when I saw how much you wrote!! ahahaha 

Love always,
Sister Walker


Look Dad.  They named a street after you. Hahahaha

One year Celebration - Pizza!

1 Year Burning 

Another beautiful Arizona sunset

Celebrating 1 year at Macayos

1 year celebration cake!  YUMM


No comments:

Post a Comment