Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Sister Kellee Walker's Tuscon, Arizona Mission - July 8, 2014

No Time!

July 8, 2014

Hey folks!!
I had like 30 emails this week.. HOLY CRAP
Since when do I have friends? hahahah just kidding.

I have a lot to tell you so i'll just go through all the days and see how that works out. 

MONDAY: 
President and Sister Passey arrived at the Arizona Tucson Mission
I emailed you guys and we finally washed our car. hahah poor dusty jeep

TUESDAY: 
What an awful day.. ew. 
We were dropped by the 5 Bravens, Barb AND Sophie. Which means they told us they weren't interested in hearing from us anymore.. which really was hard.. especially because they were doing so well. BUT I have complete faith that missionaries in the future will knock on their door and they'll be ready and willing to listen. Just not any time soon. hahah dang it.

WEDNESDAY:
Started off rough when we found out our investigator Brie is moving.. but THEN our other investigator  Suzette agreed to a baptismal date, September 2nd but she's thinking of moving it up which is AMAZING! (:  Then we had an awesome miracle when we met a part member family, the Harness's  and the dad who isn't a member agreed to take the lessons!! YAY!

THURSDAY:
Wow, what a crazy day. Thursday was "The Day" which the whole mission participates in where we all go on exchanges and the STL's are in charge of doing the sister exchanges and the ZLs are in charge of the Elder exchanges and we all exchange with different companions and we go crazy trying to find people! I went with Sister Dente who is from Hawaii (Speaking of Hawaii, I WOULD LOVE TO GO TO HAWAII AFTER I GET HOME! AND BRING MORGAN!!) and she actually just finished her mission today. But we had a blast together and I was able to see a really good friend, Elder Mora who came out with me and we were able to catch up at lunch! It was fun. Plus it was the first monsoon of the year and it was soooo hot that day, like 107 and then the huge clouds came in and it started pouring so we went and played in the rain with an investigator of theirs. It was so fun. And soooo needed!! It has been so dry and bleh. But now it's Hot AND humid. hahaha And thrusday was the day I was dared by all the elders to kiss the frog. hahaha we named him ROLF. What a cutie.

FRIDAY: Happy 4th of july!! We had a ward party that morning and a bunch of our investigators came!! Then we went to lunch with our zone at olive garden which was a blast!! And then right after that we went to meet President and Sister Passey at a multi zone conference.  I LOVE THEM SO MUCH :) He quoted Nacho Libre with me and won my heart. We also had an awesome training on "Living in the Manner of Happiness" Which I loved & soaked in. If I had more time, I'd tell you about it, but we'll have to go over that later dude. hhaha Then we had a bbq at a members house and had a curfew of 8:00 so we didn't get to watch the fireworks, but it still was really fun!

SATURDAY: One of the sisters we are over accidentally got Hand, Foot and Mouth disease which turned into Mursa.. and under presidents direction, we ended up running them to urgent care and picking up antibiotics for her and cleaning their apartment. and now they are BOTH under house arrest basically for a WHOLE week. Imagine being a missionary, stuck in your apartment with a companion you don't really like.. They are going to kill each other. hahaha but I sacrificed my coloring books and crayons to her so they can be not so board. 

SUNDAY: Church finally came!! And we finally got ward missionaries! We've been living without them for the past 2 transfers and that makes missionary work quite difficult. But we've managed to do Okay BUT we finally got some ward missionaries and their daughter Jordyn isn't a member and asked us to give her the discussions!! Sister Barnes also accidentally ran over a huge jack rabbit.. and there was fur stuck to the front of our car. hahahaha sick. We also had transfer calls and good news!! SISTER BARNES AND I ARE STAYING TOGETHER!! (:

MONDAY: We call the monday before transfers, Miracle Monday because there are so many miracles the day before you leave your companion. And it's true!! We found 3 people who were completely interested in hearing our message and allowing us to come back!! Jen, Jill and Lisa!!

This week has been a hard one but if you noticed, at the beginning of the week, we lost a hold handful of our investigators but then by the end of the week, we found just the same amount, but they are actually interested. Sister Barnes and I have been praying specifically for the Lord to lead us to those who are READY for the gospel, not just for people to teach and this week has been proof that the Lord answers prayer. He took away those who weren't ready yet & gave us those elect who are ready for the truthfulness of our message. 

I love being a missionary. I love fast Sundays and for the chance I have to share my testimony and to feel my Saviors love for me. 

Please give your love the the Wrights. And to Kylee as well. And the Fietkaus. 
And Presdient Killpack (: I can't really think of anyone in particular that I would like you to find on sunday except for my trainer, Sister Brittany Dredge and Maybe Justin Bowhus. I don't know if that's how you spell his name and if he'll be there but he is awesome!! 

I love you so much. 
Be good this week!!

Love always,
Sister Kellee Walker


Kellee kissed a frog - EWWWW  

No comments:

Post a Comment