Monday, July 28, 2014

Sister Kellee Walker's Tuscon, Arizona Mission - July 28, 2014

1 Samuel 16:7

July 28, 2014

Forr MOM: 
Sister Delaps plant only needs watering once a day and just keep in the sun, either outside or inside it doesn't matter

FOR EVERYONE: Also, just a little side note, there is a slight  possibility that President Passey will allow me to extend my mission for 30 days!!!!!!!!!!! Especially because there are so many sisters going home the transfer before and my transfer and not very many coming in.. But it is still all up in the air. I just wanted to hear all of your opinions on it. I don't really know what is the best thing to do but we will see (: We still have a while!! 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MY DEAR OLD DADDY!
I hope you all had so much fun in mini tucson (:  It definitely wasn't as hot as it is here, and surprisingly it is suppppper humid too. Because of all the monsoons (: They are my favorite part. They are like the utah summer storms but on steroids. I LOVE THEM.

The Lord truly answered my prayer this week by sending some pretty big monsoons. There is nothing better in this world than standing in the rain and just breathing. Especially when you've been outside all day in 110 degree heat, you've got a lot on your plate, you're overwhelmed, exhausted, not feeling the best and you miss your family. To just stand there, with your eyes closed in the dumping rain and just breathe. Nothing is better.
I have been a little discouraged this week because I haven't been feeling very well. But I am trucking on and seeking the comfort from my Father in Heaven. It was hard especially on dad's birthday, I was really missing him and just needing a big hug and to hear him say, I love you pumpkin. But instead, the Lord gave me another way to feel that comfort. And I found it in D&C 88:6-7 I might have shared this with you before but it's because it's awesome.

"He that ascended up on high, as also he descended below all things, in that he comprehended all things, that he might be in all and through all things, the light of truth; Which truth shineth. This is the  light of Christ. As also he is in the sun, and the light of the sun, and the power thereof by which it was made."

How great is that?!?? So now every time I feel the blistering heat on me (which is every second of every day) I can remember that Jesus loves me. Because He is in the sun and He is always watching over me, making sure I am as happy as I can be.  Also I found something pretty darn cool in 2 Nephi 9:39. Down at the bottom where it says, "..spiritually - minded is life eternal" if you take the first letter of those words, it spells out SMILE. How cute right? (: I just liked that alot.

Things have been good other than my little struggles here and there.
We have a few baptisms coming up in the next few weeks (:
Jordyn, Suzette and Zach (: We are super duper excited.
The Lords work continues to move forward.

I got an email this week from Haileys mama and I even got a letter from her (:
And I heard from Caleb which was fun as well. I wrote him last week and he replied!

I wonder if Bishop Veenker will let me drive his mustang for serving a mission. ;) hehehe

Well my time is up.
I love you all so much!!

Be good this week and have fun with Ted and with the Toad Lewis.

LOVE YOU.

Love always, Sister Kellee Walker


No comments:

Post a Comment