Monday, August 4, 2014

Sister Kellee Walker's Tuscon, Arizona Mission - August 4, 2014

Where to Begin

kay folks. 
Well my mind is kind of going a million miles an hour and I don't really know what to think.  I am super overwhelmed with things.. and i'm trying my hardest to be positive.  Let me fill you in on everything that is going on.

If I counted right, I only have 130 days left on my mission.. HOLY CRAP.  That freaks me out to the max. I am in no way ready to come home yet!!!

But on the flip side, I have the greatest companion. She is so good to me. She wrote an Ode to Sister Walker that I wanted to share with you. 

Ode to Sister Walker
By Allison Barnes

A Cheerfully Diligent Missionary
Dear posterity, I just wanted to let you know some reasons why you should strive to be like sister walker.
1. Even when she knows it's going to be a hard sacrifice and hurt her heart, she chooses to be obedient. She takes the council of her leaders and immediately obeys. she exercises her faith to follow Jesus Christ to be an exactly obedient missionary.
2. She works hard. Even when she misses her family. When her back, head and whole body is exhausted, she still work's hard. She work's monsoon or HOT sun, sleep or no sleep, food or no food. She acts in faith to follow the saviors example of being diligent and working hard.
3. As good old Billy (my recent convert) might say, she is an angel. She is sweet and kind to everyone and helps everyone feel important and loved. The light she has illuminates the people around her. She helps others choose to become.

Isn't that the greatest? I may have cried a little bit. hahaha

Between you and me, I got to hold a baby this week (: His grandma babysits them and threw out her neck and back right before we came over and she asked me if I would move the baby from his high chair to his swing, so I got to hold that little precious boy & my heart melted. I can't wait for the day when I will have my own family. (: Oh happy day.

We also had Missionary Leadership Council this week & I learned a lot about obedience, working with members and prophets!

And something amazing that happened this week was that President Passey gave me permission to drive back to my old area in Rincon to attend the baptism of a family Sister Delap and I taught. It took them a while but they followed the example of Jesus Christ and entered into the waters of baptism as a family.

Even though this week was a little rough, and i haven't been as happy as I should, I still was able to feel the spirit and feel of my Heavenly Fathers love for me.

This gospel is beautiful, our Savior lives and God is good.

I love you guys so very much.
Keep on keepin on (:

Come what may and love it, right?

Love always, Sister Kellee Walker

The Meadow's Baptism

No comments:

Post a Comment