Monday, August 11, 2014

Sister Kellee Walker's Tuscon, Arizona Mission - August 11, 2014

I Never Want Another Week Like This One

OH MY GOODNESS. 

This week has been the week of all weeks. 
I am physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually exhausted. 
A hug from you guys would really be great. 

Let me just give you a run down of our week:

1. We are over a few more sisters than we had last transfer so we've been having to do double exchanges to make sure we get to go with all of them in a 6 week period. So this week we had exchanges with Sister Smith and Sister Reeves. 

2. We had zone meeting this week so Sister Barnes and I got to give 2 training's!! We did an awesome job, I hope!! We talked about integrity which I have come to LOVE! It means basically to think and do what you know is right a  tall times no matter what the consequence. I loved especially when we talked about living by your standards and beliefs even when no one is watching. Be true to yourself! So we did this cool activity where we dug a giant hole in the dirt in the parking lot of the church and we burried our "disobedience" or our weapons of war just like the anti-nephi-lehis in the book of mormon. We all wrote down some kind of disobedience we do as individuals and physically burried them and promised to never unburry them. (Alma 24:15-19 53:14,15,20,21)
We also taught about finding through members which was really needed. We read Mark 4:2-8 and talked about how the fertile ground is the members and we just brainstormed ways to find through embers. And as a zone we came to the conclusion that having a "How can WE help YOU" attitude is what builds that trust. 
Then Elder Peterson gave his last testimony before he goes home and he said something that really hit me. He said, "When we apply the Saviors atonement into our lives, we obey." I don't know how many times it needs to be shoved into someones brain, but obedience brings blessings. 
And then right after the meeting, I asked for a blessing for some things i've been struggling with. Elder Purcell gave my blessing and here are a few things he said, 
Heavenly Father is so proud of you
He is watching out at all times
You are a choice daughter and He loves you
You can find peace through scriptures and as you come to learn more about Christ
Strive to love those around you, especially those whom you serve
They will fell your spirit which you carry.
Continue forward with pure steadfastness
You are here for a purpose; Many people are waiting for your message which you carry.

Isn't that the coolest blessing?! I had made a goal to love more and Heavenly Father knew that and helped me recognize that I have His help always. And I though t it was so great that many people are waiting for the message I bring even with 4 months left.  People are STILL waiting for ME!

3. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR PACKAGE! You will have no idea how much i needed that little guy. It seriously brightened my day!! Thank you thank you thank you. 

4. Then Jordyn had her baptism this Saturday!! Satan really didn't want her to make those covenants with God because man, this was the craziest baptism yet on my mission!! So we get to the Sumter building an hour early at 6:00pm to fill the font and we open the font doors to find BUGS.. not just one but like twelve little nasties jut hangin out. and among them was a flippin scorpion. So after we got rid of all the bugs we turn on the font and the water is brown... so we let it run for a bit and try to plug the font but it wont pug all the way because it was off set. So we tired to plug it the best we could and called it good. So then we turn the air on and start setting up. The baptism starts and the room is FULL. Literally full. Probably around 70 people there and the first speaker starts talkin & 20 minutes later he is still going.. so we decide to go sneak out and check the font only to find it DRAINED to my ankles. So i threw off my shoes, climbed in that font and stomped that drain like nobodies business (but reverently of course) And then turned the water back on and it got filled just in time as people started to walk into the font room. Satan is a funny guy. Then she was baptized and forgot a towel so we dried her off with paper towels.. hahahahahah Oh just the cherry on top right? 

So even though this week was insane, I loved it. It was a growing experience for sure. 
All throughout this week, I kept thinking of the childrens song, I feel my saviors love. If you get a chance, look up all the verses, they are lovely. 

Well i'm out of time, but I love you.
Thank you for all you do & all your prayers. 

Love always, 
Sister Kellee Walker



Jordyn's Baptism

No comments:

Post a Comment