Monday, August 25, 2014

Sister Kellee Walker's Tuscon, Arizona Mission - August 25, 2014

Hola Familia

Hey there my lovely family!!

That is so great that Dad was able to do the missionary minute (:   I am sure he did great (: 
And thank you for asking for prayers. It really has helped!! 

As for this week, Well gosh, it was incredible!! Lots of miracles and lots of happiness to go around. 
I have said it a million billion times, but guys, I LOVE being a missionary. I have talked with president about extending and he isn't necessarily opposed but here are the questions he asked me to ponder: 

-Why do you want to extend?
-How will you feel if you cannot extend or choose not to request an extension?
-How will that help me to conclude my mission? To move to the next part of life? (For example, would you start school in January if you returned in December? 
-Would a delay cause you to lose schooling opportunities? What about work prospects if you go home in December or February?
-How would your family react if you stayed until February?
-Given your back pain and headaches, what is best for your physically?

I think It would be great if you guys pondered these questions with me this week & give me your input in your next email? (: THANKS

So here are some exciting things that happened this week.. We got to do service this week & we painted a ladies house (dad, i remember painting my bedroom with you <3)  After 14 months of waiting to drive a truck, my wish came true this week!! YAY I got to drive it from downtown tucson up to North! We went on exchanges this week with Sister Moon and Sister Zealley. Sister Moon came to my area and we had a blast! I don't have a lot of time, but I am working on a letter for you all so i'll write about it in there (: Have I told you how much I love being a Sister Training Leader? It is a great responsibility and I have loved relying on the Lord for direction & seeing myself and other sisters grow. Sister Moon even gave me a few things to work on as a missionary & she challenged me to "List"en.  Make lists of things I want to accomplish, things i'm struggling with etc. And work specifically on LISTENING. I'm usually a good listener, but lately my brain has been going insane and I haven't had the willpower to stop and listen. So that should be fun (: 

We also have a special opportunity to have a half mission conference tomorrow with Elder Malm, a member of the seventy! This morning at 8:30 we had a MLC with him and the Passeys down in Benson! It was a wonderful opportunity! I took some great notes, so i'll have to share them with you when I have more time. Which might be when I get home... hahahaha

And of course, I am out of time....
I love you all so so so much.
Be safe this week & tell keaton that I am SOOOOOO proud of him.
He is doing great!!

Love you,
Love always Sister Walker.


No comments:

Post a Comment