Monday, July 14, 2014

Sister Kellee Walker's Tuscon, Arizona Mission - July 14, 2014

My Sore Bum

July 14, 2014

Hey there family!!

We went caving again with our zone this morning and since it has been monsooning, the cave was a little more wet and we were slipping everywhere!! I slipped and fell on my bum and now it is so super sore. hahaha 

I was so super excited to hear that you were able to make it to the Killpacks homecoming!! They are amazing people aren't they? I have learned so much from them and I don't think I will ever be able to repay them for all the love and support they showed to me over the year we served together. 

And yes, you heard right!! Sister Delap finally got her Visa to Brazil (: My wee little baby is off to bigger and better things! Hahha she was so excited. I can't wait for you to meet all the people I served with. Especially Sister Delap. She will ALWAYS hold a special place in my heart! 

This week was pretty great!! 

You already heard about Monday and Tuesday from last week's email so i'll start with Wednesday!  

On Wednesday, we were able to go to some service for a recent convert family, the Byerly's. We pulled their weeds and helped them with a lot of yard work. Who knew weeds could grow in such awful heat!! Hahha and we were also able to have our first lesson with our new investigator, Jordyn. She is the absolute cutest thing!! The sister i never had!! (: Hahhaha she is 14 years old and holy cow, a total babe. I really like her a lot!! We set a baptismal date with her for August 9th and she is pumped and ready to go!! We are really excited to spend some time with her. We also had ribs for dinner that night.. so i was a happy girl. 

The rest of the week was a little slower except for MLC. We were able to meet with all the leaders in the mission and receive training from President. It was extra special this MLC because it was President Passey's first MLC!! And he did awesome (: I am really excited to serve with him! He has a lot on his plate right now but he is doing an awesome job!! After all, he's got prayers from all his 300ish missionaries!! We also were able to receive our assignments for the sisters we are over. Ready for this..? We are over 6 companionships!! 13 missionaries since one of them is in a trio! Holy moly.. that means double exchanges!! We go on exchanges with all our sisters to make sure they are doing well and being obedient and to help them with any personal things that are going on and it used to be just once a week since we were only over 4 companionships but now we are over 6!! WOAH! Sister Barnes and I have the most sisters to cover which is totally fine, but it's a lot to handle!! I'm excited for the adventures we will continue to have! 

 I was also able to see Elder Taylor at MLC which was really great! Like I said, I'm excited for you to meet all my missionary buddies. 

I am so grateful for this time I have as a missionary. I know it is limited and i'm trying my hardest to be the best I can for the time I have left. There's still so much I want to accomplish (: 

I hope you all have a great week
& that you learn something new about our Savior. 

Love always,
Sister Kellee Walker



Just Kellee's View - Don't be too jealous

Another caving adventure with the missionaries


Sister Walker and Sister Barnes just finishing up their mud facials 

No comments:

Post a Comment