Monday, December 2, 2013

Sister Kellee Walker's Tucson, Arizona Mission - December 2, 2013



December 2, 2013

HAPPY PAPPY THANKSGIVING



 Kellee Spent Thanksgiving with Clara and Dax!

duna duna duna duna BATMAN


Hey there fam bam. 
So holy cow, I am still full from thanksgiving. Probably because we had like 3 thanksgiving dinners. hahaha but it was wonderful. And yes mom, I actually ate pie. Not the berry pie, the cream pies are the best. And lots of cheese cake. I don't know if that's like a Tucson thing, but i don't ever remember having cheese cake on thanksgiving. But whatever, it was wonderful and now I'm fat. hahhaa we had our legit thanksgiving dinner at the Georges (a family in the ward) And we had a lot of fun! We got to play with the kids, which was very much needed. I just have missed that SOOOOOOO much. And then we went and visited bishop and his family which was so great! I love seeing bishop out of his "Bishop" label. Then we went and saw a lot of elderly people in the ward who we knew wouldn't have family in town and we gave them company! It feels so great to be serving each and every day. I am having the time of my life here. 
I have 4 things for you to do for me.
1. Go talk to the Gallagers in the Skousens ward because there is a family in my ward here, The Sowards who know the Gallagers!! They used to come to Pleasant Grove and spend time with the Gallagers! How nuts is that?!?!?!? I about died of astonishment
2. Tell me what is going on the the Philippines?! We can't watch the news or anything but what the heck is going on? And isn't Kylie Oyler going there on her mission? Is she still going there?
3. Please talk to Breanna Mama and get me Bre's address. I have something I need to send her (: plus, I miss her like crazy
4. And yes, PLEAAAAAASE go see Sister Sarah Vassar! She said if you talk to some of the sisters, they might be able to tell you where she's at,  (in secret) Because it's a safety thing. But she'll be around there some where! Keep your eyes out. I miss her so so so much. 
Side note. Last time I told you about skype. Well I guess using the video chat on gmail is easier. So figure that out. Hahha I have no idea how it works. But we will figure it out!! I GET TO TALK TO YOU GUYS IN 23 DAYS! YIPPEEEE
Side note #2 I want to sign up for piano lessons again. (I know mom is probably going to say, "If you would have been diligent in your younger years!!!!) 
Funny story #1 so at thanksgiving dinner, we were just sitting at the table and Brother George was talking about his mission and he was trying to say Sister Missionaries but it totally came out as Shitster Missionaries........ Oh my word I was laughing so so so hard. We made a joke about all the people who think we are annoying and how they probably think, "Hurry Hide!! It's The Shitster Missionaries!" Man. So so so funny.
Funny story #2 On mormon.org there is a place for you to put your name and address in when you would like the missionaries to come visit you or bring you a book of mormon. And then the missionaries in the area get a text message called a Media Referral and we go to that house and fulfil their needs. So Sister Cook and I got a Media Referral for a Lady named Rylie Peterson and we set off to go track her down. And we show up at her home, knock on her door and a really REALLY nice lady opens the door and instantly I get taken down by a GIANT dog (Akida breed. Look it up) And then I recover and we tell her our situation and that we are looking for a Riley Peterson. She gets a really weird look on her face and says, "Okay hang on a moment." And then comes back holding her baby and says, "This is Riley." HAHAHA There is no way a baby put her name in mormon.org. We all decided it must have been a prank her friends played on her. But she is really a nice lady and so we are going to go back and try here in a few weeks!! 
On a spiritual note,
I am so happy here. Heavenly Father is taking such good care of me. There are so many great people to work with and so many people seeking the truth. I am so very blessed to know that this Gospel is true. I know without a doubt in my mind that my Savior lives and loves me and that God trusts me to do my best work here in Tucson Arizona. And I will give him the best I can. I love this Gospel, I love my Savior and I love my family. How grateful I am. Love you all so so so much.
Thank you for all your support and love. 


Sister Kellee Walker



Acts 18:9-11

Talks about serving a mission. (: 
Also, I got your package and loved it. And I'm working on answering your silly questions. Love you all.



God be with you til we meet again.

No comments:

Post a Comment