Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Sister Kellee Walker's Tucson, Arizona Mission - December 10, 2013

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Oh my good heavens!! This week has been absurd. Just absurd

We had to take our car into the shop last Monday right? To get it all fixed up & they said it should be done this morning.. well they called & said they made a mistake and have to fix it so perhaps we will be on bikes for another week. Props to all the elders who ride bikes. It's so haaaaard!! Especially up hill in a skirt. They don't have to do that, but still. They ride more than sisters do! So we've been riding bikes and bumming rides from the members all week. And while everyone in Utah got dumped on by snow.. we got dumped on by rain!! So now add Sister Walker in a skirt, riding a bike up hill, in a skirt while its pouring rain. Hahahah wow. Rough week ey? But over all, it's been EXTREMELY humbling. We were able to have members with us every hour for the last 3 days which was really amazing. They were all able to see what it's like to be a missionary and we were able to get into houses we otherwise wouldn't have if we didn't have members with us. It was really cool to see everything pan out. We were having to rely 100 percent on the spirit this week and as we did that, we were lead to people who were ready to come closer to our Savior.

That's pretty much the extent of my week. Haha we did get lost in the mountains though and found a really cool investigator while asking him for directions. And we also got stared down by a freaky owl. Nothing like our little OWLVIN. He looked like he wanted to attack us.. so we hurried away. I also saw my first herd of Javalina's. If you get a chance, look them up on the computer. They are the ugliest little things I've ever seen!! They look a lot like piggies but they are actually more closely related to racoons.. And they are soooooo blind. It's hilarious. 

We also had our ward Christmas Party this week and that was really fun. It was Grinch themed and they had it decorated so so so cute. And we had invited a lot of Less Active families and surprisingly, a lot of them came and had a wonderful time!! So yeah, this week has been pretty insane. I'm hoping we will be able to have a little more calmer week this week.

As for talking with you on Christmas....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I AM SO EXCITED!!
We are not quite sure how it works because well, it's both of our first Christmas holidays out on our mission. (Sister Cook is just a transfer older than I am) But we are thinking around 11 or 12ish? Her brother is in Latvia on his mission and they are trying to coordinate a time with him.. so I'm still not sure. And I have no idea how it is supposed to work. Sister Cook said that we use the Google Chat through your gmail, which makes sense but then I've heard that people use skype? So hopefully everything works out!!

If you get a chance mom, go buy Jacob's Gift by Max Lucado. It is phenomenal. An older  member in the ward wanted to read it to us because she missed reading books to her grand kids and she read this one and it was amazing. 

Also, you keep wanting me to look for packages in the mission office.. well that's impossible for me to do. It's like an hour and a half away from where I'm serving so it'll just have to get forwarded to me from there. (: A mission has taught me a lot about patience.

Okay so this is crazy crazy crazy. Sister Cook and I were looking at a list of the less actives in our ward and we came across and name that stood out to us, The Bloomfield's. So we rode our little bikes to her home and knocked on her house and she let us in out of pity I think. But we got talking and she had just moved from Eugene, Oregon about a year ago.. That's where Brendan served!! How crazy is that!! She doesn't think she knows him but man, that is crazy! We invited her to the ward Christmas Party and she came and had a great time!! I LOVE IT
We also had Stake Conference this weekend and it was amazinggggg. It was focused on the Hastening of the Work. Remember how I used to tell you the the Lords work is truly HASTENING? Told ya so (: (: 

To hasten means to quicken. So it was focused on quickening the Lords work. And it was so spiritual and got everyone pumped to share the gospel with their neighbors and people they meet. Have you guys had stake conference yet?

Well folks, my time is about up.
I love you & I really miss you.
Really really miss you.

2 more days and it will be my 6 month mark (: HUZZAH!

Love always, Sister Kellee Jo.

Attack Owl 

Airplane Graveyard -

 Grinch Table Decorations

 Javalina - cute piggy NOT!

Beautiful Skies just like at home

No comments:

Post a Comment