Monday, December 16, 2013

Sister Kellee Walker's Tucson, Arizona Mission - December 16, 2013

Monday, December 16, 2013

Well hello there family. 

As of Thursday December 12th, I'VE BEEN OUT ON MY MISSION FOR 6 WHOLE MONTHS! Huzzah!!!! How insane is that? I feel like it is going so so so so so fast. It's bizarre to look back and see all that I've accomplished. And what is even more crazy, Sister Cook & I had an amazing day that day. We taught some great lessons and I came home after a long successful day to a wonderful package from my wonderful family and not just one letter, but NINE letters from Grandpa Haws, Kimmy ( from school) Elder Fietkau, Madison, Elder Larson, Mama Ewell, Mama Fietkau, Brendan <3 and Hailey.  Oh my goodness, so much love in one day!! And what is so touching to me, is that each of those letters talked about Our Savior Jesus Christ in some way or another. And they all came at a time when I really needed them. I just love how the Lord works. He knows EXACTLY what his children need and knows EXACTLY how to fulfill that need. 

Sister Cook & I had a wonderful time opening the package you guys sent us that had the baby tree and the ADORABLE nativity. I am going to treasure it forever and ever and tell my kids, "This is the nativity that my family sent me while I was on my mission!" I cherish it very much so thank you dearly for thinking of me. It sincerely means the world to me. And the cute quotes?! Oh man, so adorable. And it's great because Sister Cook loves quotes!! I did get the other package with the CD'S and the shortbread this morning!! And we have been listening to Christmas music all morning!! I have the best family in the whole wide world. Truly. I think it would still be a good idea for you to visit with Sister Cook's family. You could even do some kind of service for them like take them cookies or something cute like that. Sister Cook is the oldest of 10 so Mama Cook has a lot on her plate right now with the holidays and all. And Sister Vassar would love for you to visit her. Good luck tracking her down. I don't know if I ever told you how to pronounce her name. It's pronounced Vas-er like the collage? Yeah. Cool. Check it out yo. 

And no need to worry about me riding a bike in the rain anymore. That lasted a week so now it's back up to the 70's. HECK YAH!! I love it here. Best Christmas weather everrrrrr! Although, I kinda do miss the snow and cuddling up by a fire with hot cocoa and a good movie. But that's okay, I'll get that soon enough. Also, I'm still not sure how this gmail chat is going to work but I'm not going to stress about it. because it will all work out one way or another. We are going over to The George's for Christmas and they are going to let us use their computer so Sister Cook is going first at 11 and I am going after at Noon.. I also get to call you Christmas Eve and tell you what the plan is so be expecting a call sometime Christmas Eve. but it has to be a short one :(
--------------------------------------------------------

Okay so I wanted to tell you about a few of the amazing lessons that Sister Cook & I had this week. The first one was with a lady named Jen S. Her friend referred her on mormon.org and after we got to know her a little bit, we taught her the Plan of Salvation and by the end of the lesson, she was crying and we didn't quite understand why. It was a simple lesson and we weren't necessarily feeling the spirit super strong so we asked her what her thoughts were and she told us that this plan is so different than any thing she's heard. She said it was bright and beautiful and brought her so much hope. She continued to tell us that she is ADOPTED and that she now knows she can be with her adoptive family forever. She has somewhere to belong permanently. Sister Cook said that as Jen was telling her adoption story, it sounded just like my words coming out of her mouth. We comitted her to be baptized and she said yes! She is going to continue to pray and read from the Book of Mormon to know for sure but she said when she knows these things are true, she will be baptized!!!!

Oh bother, I am out of time. But good thing I get to talk to you ON CHRISTMAS!!!!
I love you so so so much. Remember Christ this season & always find some way to serve those around you. I love you I love you.

Thank you for all you do for me.
It truly means the world.

Love always, Sister Kellee Jo Walker

 Icicle lights so pretty 

 My little Christmas Tree.  I love the quotes!

  Nativity - isn't it so precious!

Special banner that my mom made.  There are pictures of family and friends each holding a letter that spells out Silent Night Holy Night. 


Santa looks a lot like a cactus.  Maybe the heat is getting to Kellee :)


No comments:

Post a Comment