Tuesday, October 1, 2013

September 30, 2013 - October is Pumpkin Time for our "Pumpkin Sister Missionary"


A COOL "SLUG BUG" FOR HER DADDY AND BROOO KEATONAMORE !!
(Joe has always called Kellee his "Pumpkin Girl")


Holy crap, time is flyinggg & it's rather scary how fast it's going. Is it going just as fast for you folks?
I am learning a lot this transfer thanks to Sister Vassar. She has been teaching me A LOT. Especially about our Savior, Jesus Christ. She is soooooo very knowledgeable and she has been teaching me all about Christ and the many wonderful things He did when He lived here on earth. My testimony and relationship with Him is growing stronger each and every day that I'm out here and that right there is a HUGE blessing in my life.
 
We had Zone Training last Wednesday and President gave us a challenge to read the New Testimate by Christmas time! It has been incredible reading all about our Savior. I can't believe I didn't know all of this stuff. There are so many miracles Christ did while he was here and there were so many people who rejected him. How could you reject Him?! Especially when you SAW the miracle. It truly just blows me away how close minded people can be. But then you think about us in our day and age and how we haven't seen those miracles and we haven't seen Christ himself yet we believe. We KNOW these things which we read are true but we haven't seen; we don't have proof. How is that? How do we know the sun will come up in the morning? We need to have trust. Trust in God. Trust the Holy Ghost. Trust in the one person who have every wonderful attribute. We trust and we are blessed. I think that is just incredible. Especially because as a missionary, we are asking people everyday to trust and many of them can't. But then you find the few who are willing to give up all they have to know God. They trust in us, therefore they are trusting in God. We watch them change into the person God has intended for them to become and that right there is something I will never give up. I know I'm not a very good teacher but I was reading in the Ensign and I came across a talk by Kim B Clark and part of it really stuck out to me. It said, "When we act in faith in Jesus to do His work, He goes with us to serve others and blesses us to say just what they need to hear. What we actually say and actually do may feel a little awkward or not very published, but the Savior takes our words and our actions and He carries them through His spirit unto the hearts of the people." That brought me a lot of comfort because compared to Sister Vassar I don't know a lot about this gospel. But the things I say come from my heart and I mean every word I say. And I pray that something I say will touch someone and help them feel a small portion of the Saviors love for them. President Killpack told me yesterday as I met with him that "Jesus Christ physically cannot be here to teach these wonderful people, but you can. You have been set apart to do so. Christ is talking through you to those people who are willing to listen, so open your mouth, let Christ talk through you to bring them the happiness they are searching for." Man, I just love President. He always knows just what to say to help me out.
 
It's still really weird hearing that Brendan is home. At one point I had plans for when he would be home. I had many wonderful things I wanted to show him, movies I wanted to watch with him, places I wanted to go with him and stories I wanted to share with him. And I've sacrificed those plans for the people here. I've put them on hold, put my family, everything in God's hands. And it's hard sometimes. Especially when people don't listen. Because they don't know what I go through every day for them. But I'm willing to do that because I love my Heavenly Father and he wants his Children to love him just as much as I love him. I have to trust that everything will work out. I know they will, I just need to keep reminding myself.
 
Keaton, How is Lacross going? Send me pictures and more letters gosh dang it. You told me you would write me and you've only done that 3 times.. :( You may think that your life isn't that exciting, but lets be real.. anything with a stamp and my name in a mailbox is exciting to me. Tell me about everything. Things you used to tell me when we would sit on my bed and just talk. I sure miss that. Or when we would knock on each others wall in the middle of the night just to annoy each other!! HAHA or when we would wrestle and I would always win ;) So write me more letters or type them and print them then send them to me. I miss my little brother too muchhhhhhh

Dad, Holy Cow. Thank you so much for loving me the way you do. I am very overwhelmed with how much love you show to me. I couldn't be more lucky to have you as my papa. I know with every ounce of my heart that God placed me in this family for a reason and I am extremely blessed for that. I am so happy that we were able to be sealed together as a family so that we can be together for all eternity. What a wonderful gift our Father has given us. Because of your love to me, I now know exactly what to look for in a husband. I want someone who is just like you. Someone who shows unconditional love to their kids. Even when they make stupid mistakes :) Someone who is selfless and works so hard to support his family so that we can have the things we need and can provide vacations and fun things to do as a family. I want someone who will love me just as much as you do. Thank you daddy for all you have done for me. I can never repay you for all the kindness and love you show to me. I sure do love my leaping gazelle <3

Mom, This week I have learned a lot about service. We have found some kind of service each day and I just wanted to thank you for showing and teaching me how to serve. You have always been the type of person to give all you can when people are in need. And I have always looked up to you because of that. You have taught me how to clean a home, you have taught me how to plant flowers, you have taught me how to cook and most importantly, you have taught me how to love those I serve. I am so sorry that I didn't help you around the house more than I did. I have repented and have changed so be expecting a spotless home when I get through cleaning it ;) Thank you mommy for showing how to give of myself when people need an extra boost.  Thank you for teaching me how to serve. 

Teeko, I LOVE YOU!!!
 
I am just full of a lot of gratitude and love for my family. Keep being the amazing people you are and remember my love for you continues to grow and it will for all eternity. 
God said himself that he created this universe for us. 
Love you more than all the prickly cacti that are here in Tucson!!

Love always, 
Your Sweet Daughter of God, Kellee Jo (Pumpkin !!!) Yes, it's Pumpkin Month :)


No comments:

Post a Comment