Monday, November 24, 2014

Sister Kellee Walker's Tuscon, Arizona Mission - November 24, 2014

23 Days and I'm Not Counting

Literally though, i'm not counting. 
I think everyone and their dog is counting except for me. 
Without fail i get a text every day from Elder Mora who so kindly reminds me how many days i have left.. punk. hahaha
I seriously cannot wait for you to meet all the people i have become so close with. Friendships that will last forever. SO COOL MAN!

Remember those adorable little pumpkins you sent me last autumn? Well on Saturday we drove down to Tucson and visited some sisters down there.. low and behold, THEY HAD THE PUMPKINS!! I had left them in Campbell ward like over a year ago and they were still there!! So you should know, that all the cute little decorations you have sent me, are being used by missionaries all over the mission!! HAHAHA

Let me tell you a little bit about my sweet companion Sister Charles!
I have to make fun of her because it's just tooooo funny..
She says the darnedest things.. for example:
"This moisturizer does Piddley- Squat!"
"Awhhh look at the little buckaroo"
"WHAT? How rude! I should have kicked him in the gizzard"
HAHAHAHA oh my gosh, she is a hoot.
She seems to be adjusting really well to mission life!
I have loved training her and getting to be her best friend! (:

So funny story, we get a phone call Saturday evening around 5:00 and it's the 1st councilor in the bishopric from Cienega ward. These are his words, "Sister Walker, You are going to hate me.. but we need you and Sister Charles to speak in sacrament meeting tomorrow morning about gratitude." I was like, "Brother Bingham.. you're going to have to do better than that!! I've somehow managed to go 17 months without talking in sacrament meeting, what else have ya got?" He scrambled for words and replied, "Anything, I am desperate! I will buy you ice cream! I know how much you love it. How does that sound?" I casually accepted and that next morning as I stood in front of the congregation I started off by saying, "I guess I should be grateful for this opportunity because Brother Bingham had to bribe me by promising me ice cream afterwards!!" Everyone chuckled and nodded in agreement, because they all know that i just can't deny ice cream. (Daddy taught me good) It actually turned out really well and I was able to bare my testimony on families and the sacredness of the temple. It was a cool experience and i wasn't even nervous!! Prep for my homecoming i guess!

This week has been kinda slow. We managed to teach 15 lessons though, which is great for this area. The Lord is preparing this area for success which is so incredible to see. Slowly but surely the Lord is blessing us with opportunities to plant seeds and invite others to learn about our beloved Savior. This week we have like 5 Thanksgiving Dinners planned. I'm rather excited!! It will help me not miss y'all so much! I hope you have a fantastic Thanksgiving (: And that you don't freeze too much! It's been in the 50s all week and i have been bundled up, FROZEN. I'm pretty nervous to come home to Utah.. where i will probably die. hahaha

I am so glad that you were able to meet Sister Barnes. She is a sweetheart isn't she? I LOVE HER SO MUCH! Please keep in contact with her :) And the Killpack's? That's awesome!! I can't wait to see them again! (: SO MANY PEOPLE I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE. And holy crap, Brendan is already home? That means only one thing.... TIME IS FLYING. Lots of exciting things ahead, and i am anxious to start this new adventure. I love you so much family. Please have a great holiday season and i'll be seeing you soon.

Keaton, WAY TO GO on your ballroom! That's incredible!
As for what i want to do when i get home, you were supposed to be keeping a list of things to do remember?
I'll be so overwhelmed that i won't even know where to begin, so you get to choose! HA

Well folks.
Be safe.
Keep warm.
Get excited.
And be ready for a hug of all hugs.
LOVE YOU!

Love always, Sister Kellee Walker 

Sister Charles and Sister Walker 

I spy with my little eye...Oops make that big eye :)

Sister Walker and Elder Taylor - cheesing it up

Never any lines for these potties :)



No comments:

Post a Comment