Monday, September 15, 2014

Sister Kellee Walker's Tuscon, Arizona Mission - September 15, 2014

Another Week of Desert Tromping

Hey there family!!
This week was nuts. 
Bare with me while I try to explain it to you. 

Monday: I realized on Monday that i only had 100 days left of my mission and I had a little melt down inside my mind. hahaa Time is going so fast and I feel like there is still so much to do and so many people to talk to! But then i realized that the Lord will still bless me with opportunities to share the gospel at home! He's done it once with the Fietkaus, why wouldn't He do it again? (: 
Alma 36:24-26
"Yea, and from that time even until now, 
I have labored without ceasing, that I might bring souls unto repentance, 
that I might bring them to taste of the exceeding joy of which I did taste; 
that they might also be born of God, and be filled with the Holy Ghost.
Yea, and now behold, O my son, 
the Lord doth give me exceedingly great joy in the fruit of my labors."

Tuesday: Everyone canceled, no one answered, no one was interested and it was flippin hot. 
I repented, but I was not in a good mood by the end of the day. 
Sister Barnes is so good to me. I owe her big time for all the things she's taught me. 

Wednesday: We had car inspections that morning and good news, we passed! Our poor jeep has like 47000ish miles on it. And missionaries in the past haven't been too kind to him, but we take good care of the little guy (: 
Then we had zone meeting for our zone in North and Sister Barnes and I trained on Desire and then on how the Gospel Blesses Families! This makes training number 7 and 8. I hope i am getting somewhat better!! 
And then we were asked to go to West Zone and give a training on The Gospel Blesses Families because they don't have any STLs over there..And 5 of our 6 companion-ships that we are over are in West Zone. So it worked out great because we got to see our sisters!! Sister Passey was there so it was great to have her participation!! She is amazing, I love her and admire her so much. 

Thursday: Literally everyone cancelled and I had a bigger melt down that wasn't inside my mind. hahaha I cried for the first time in MONTHS and let me tell yah, it felt so good to just cry. Things have been hard for me lately and I've been doing really good with staying positive and trusting my Heavenly Father but I had just hit my breaking point and sweet sister barnes just let me cry.  After dinner, God blessed us with an amazing miracle. We met this lady named Patty a few weeks ago and we were finally able to meet with her and share the Book of Mormon with her!! It was funny because her kids were going CRAZY and so i wrangled them all together and talked with them about Jesus while Sister Barnes taught Patty about the BOM. It was perfect. 
Heavenly Father knows me so well (:  

Friday: I went on exchanges with Sister Frazier and we had a blast together. She is so much like me!!
She has been out on her mission for about 4 months and it has been so cool to see her grow and progress even in just 4 months! Sister Frazier is also from Oregon (: So it reminded me of Brendan. hahha A lot of things remind me of him. I hope he is doing well with this new adventure! AND it was my 15 month mark so we celebrated by eating oreo's and milk! Huzzah (: and then sister barnes forgot to give back their phone so at like 10:30 we drove to their apartment only to realize that they had driven to our apartment.. so we sat and waited at their apartment for about a half hour to give back their phone. hahaha another late night.
Being a STL, you get no sleep. But it's totally okay, I love who I am becoming.

Saturday And Sunday: ZACH AND JACKSON'S BAPTISM!! It went flawlessly and there were soooo many people there! I don't know how much I've told you about Zach but he is a 9 year old and the only member in his family besides his less active mom. And he has been coming to church without his family for a few months and there has been some great families in the ward who have become friends with him and support him! Jackson being his best friend (: Jackson is 8 and got permission to be baptized with Zach instead of getting baptized during the stake baptisms at the beginning of the month. So it was a really cool experience for both of them!! And it was great because Zach's whole family came to his baptism and confirmation! They were so sweet to us and took us out to Carabas (: YUMMMM Sunday was wonderful as usual (: I have learned so much about my Savior just by taking the sacrament each week (: I love this gospel so much.


"...For I pray continually for them by day,
and mine eyes water my pillow by night,
because of them; and i cry unto God in faith,
and I know that He will hear my cry."

2 Nephi 33:3

I hope you all have a great week.
Tell me all about you're adventures!!

I LOVE YOU!!

Love always,
Sister Kellee Walker

Jackson and Zach's Baptism






No comments:

Post a Comment