Friday, August 2, 2013

Sister Walker says, "Hola Familia!" July 22, 2013

 She knows that her MoM is worried about her drinking enough.  They freeze two of these jugs each every night, and that lasts them through the next day.  Isn't she sooo Cute!  Also, I think she is picking up some Spanish in her English speaking Mission!

 I think she is sending her family at home a Message!

First Baptism for her Tri-Companionship!

"Hola Familia!
Things here are crazy. You would not believe the work that is going on here. We taught yet again another 30 lessons. that's 120 lessons in a month!!!! Our companionship got recognized for the hard work we are doing and let me tell you, I LOVE IT. The people here have been prepared in some way or another to hear the gospel and it surprises me how much they already know, without actually realizing it. T. and A. got baptized on Friday (1st baptism and it's only week 4!!!) and it was incredible. The spirit was sooooo strong. T. has smoked since she was 14 years old and of course she had to give it up. We fasted together, prayed together and cried together through that experience. And guess what? She has completely stopped smoking!! I am so so so proud of her and how far she has come. She has that desire to sacrifice anything for the Lord and it shines through her. And cute little A. is 9.  T. has custody over most of her Grand-kids and A. is one of them. He came up to us one day while teaching T. and asked, "When can I be baptized?" We were overjoyed!! So we began teaching them together and it has been an incredible journey. The baptismal service was beautiful, I wish you could have been there to feel of that spirit. That moment T.  came up from the water was absolutely perfect in every way. I love this work so much."
"I find it difficult at times though. It's very hard being away from home and from friends. I feel very out of place at times. My heart aches for these people. They are missing out on so much happiness. The Lord provides for us all, if only they would give him the chance to. I was reading in 2 Nephi chapter 9 today during personal study and I came across the verses 23-25. It talks about those people who walk all over you and who talk badly about Christ and his children. I found amazing comfort in those verses. Please please please read your scriptures!! I have gained an incredible relationship with them and I can't believe I lived this long without them.
A lot of our investigators have dropped  us this week, and it has been incredibly heart wrenching. I don't understand how people can't see the light of Christ. If you get the chance, look up LIGHT OF CHRIST in the Bible Dictionary. It's really rather cool."
"This week has brought me a lot of tears. Happy ones along with many sad ones. We work too hard to be sad yet we are. This work is truly difficult and trying, but it is VERY worth it. It's worth the pain and the trials, the hurt and the loneliness. Especially when you find the one person who was willing to sacrifice all they have just to get to know Christ. My testimony has grown more than I can explain and my love for Jesus Christ has grown as well. I am so thankful to have had the experiences I've had to prepare myself for this mission. I know I am here for a reason, and I know this is what I am supposed to be doing. Continue to pray for me, continue to read and to attend church. I am so grateful for you, my family. I am grateful for your support and for your prayers. I feel them everyday and am so grateful that you pushed me to serve. This truly is such a blessing. "
"I love you to the moon and back!"
"Be safe and think of me often!!"
"Love always, Sister Walker!"

     I can sense sadness and joy through her letters.  Pray for her to be strong and to always listen to the Spirit to guide her through the challenges she faces.  I found a quote today that hopefully helps her,  by President Henry B. Eyring, "Whatever our age, capacity, church calling or location, we are as one called to the work to help Him in His harvest of souls until He comes again."  (April 2013)

Love, MoM:)



No comments:

Post a Comment