Monday, February 10, 2014

Sister Kellee Walker's Tuscon, Arizona Mission - February 10, 2014

February 10, 2014

Psalms 4:7 "Thou hast put gladness in my heart."



I had the opportunity to share my "adoption" story with some investigators and it helped me to realize eternally, how blessed I really am. To have loving, caring, and supportive parents who would do absolutely anything to see me happy. To have a baby brother who loves me despite my imperfections and is sooo patient with me. I have friends who are always there for me. Gosh, I am just so lucky!! What did I do to deserve such a wonderful family?

So funny story.... Last Pday I bought a barbie. I don't know what it is about them but even now, I love them sooooo much!! She even looks like me (: And sorry about using my temple card, I get so very confused with all the money. And since Sister Delap is a visa waiter, all her money plus my money goes on my missionary card and I have to with drawl 130 dollars at the beginning of the month so she will have cash in case she gets sent to Brazil. So last pday was our trial run and I got a little confused and frazzled but it all worked out!!! OH KEATON!! Our zone leaders taught us something awesome that I want you to try sometime. Sister Delap and I tried it and it totally works!! Okay so all you will need is someone to drive a car 50 mph and then take an orange lean out the window a bit and then  bowl (not chuck) the orange in front of you with as much force as is possible and it will roll for a little bit then BOOM it explodes. hahahaha oh my gosh it is hilarious.

Also, The relief society asked me to speak at their 'Progressive Dinner' and that was a lot of fun!! Talking in front of people isn't even scary any more!!  They had me talk about effective ways to share the gospel in every day conversations. And mom, I suggest you go to desseret book or seagull book and buy a book called, "The Power of Every Day Missionaries" By i think Clay Christenson. It is soooooo good. Read it, study it and apply it (: I also got to talk about my experience with Austin & that brought back a lot of great memories! I am so grateful for that experience and for the fun that we had together. I'm glad that we will always have that eternal bond (: He is an amazing missionary & I am sooo very proud of him. I hope he knows that.

More on the missionary side of things; We have 2 baptismal dates!! One with Terry and one with Hailee. Terry is an interesting case. I don't remember if I told you about him yet but I will tell you again. So his wife is a member, just really less active and about a year and a half ago, he was taking the missionary lessons! But then got in a really bad motorcycle accident and he lost a lot of his memory..  It's a miracle that he is able to retain and remember the information we teach him. He can't remember things in the past along with things that he is just told. But amazingly, he has been remembering EVERYTHING we teach him. We ask a lot of questions to check for understanding and he comes right back with an amazing answer, right on the dot. His baptism date is for February 22 but because we are taking our time teaching him, we may have to push it back a little. He is doing amazing things though. And Hailee is a Former investigator as well and she is 10 years old. She was taking the lessons a long while ago and was waiting for her dad to baptize her. We set the baptism date with her yesterday for March 8th!! 

Great things are happening right now! There are still days where it is so hard.  This week we ran into a few people who really had nasty feelings towards Mormons and it truly broke my heart. There are a lot of things that keep happening that try my faith. I have my testimony though, and that is what keeps me going. (:

I love you guys so very much.
And I'm grateful for the time that I have to write you.
Be safe and remember the covenants you've made with our Heavenly Father.
I love you so.

Love always, Sister Kellee Walker


No comments:

Post a Comment