Sunday, September 1, 2013

August 26, 2013 - Greeting from Sister Walker, (The Nun!?)


I Love to see her Smile:), and she is getting OUR HUGS through others!

Hey there family!! 

"So funny story, We stopped and talked to this lady, (not the lady in this picture:) walking down the street and when I introduced myself, I say 'SISTER Walker', right? Well she thought since we were 'sisters' that we were NUNS. HAHAHA man it was too funny. We set her straight and we have a return appointment with her!!"

"I realized yesterday during sacrament meeting that The Lord has trusted me with a small portion of his vineyard. He is trusting me to FIND those people who are waiting, to TEACH them and to help them BUILD a relationship with our father. How blessed I feel to have been given this opportunity. Yes, It's incredibly hard. INCREDIBLY hard.  I'm here to serve. And serve him I will. Even after my mission!! We already have the beautiful gospel in our lives, so it's our duty to share it with those that don't. I'm learning to get out of my shell and talk to scary people! If I can do it, you guys can do it as well. (: Give it a try and I'll follow up!"

I want to share with you guys a miracle that happened this week. 
We received a text from one of our investigators named Elizabeth. She was a referral from the YSA sisters. Elizabeth is 18 years old, found out she was pregnant and so she got married. Therefore she could no longer be in YSA. We met with her and she told us we could stop by on a certain day to teach her more. Time and time again we tried and tried to meet with her and she either wouldn't be home, or she would tell us that now wasn't a good time. So we were going to give her one last time before we would need to drop her for now. So weeks went by and we couldn't get a hold of her and then we got a text from her on Monday night. And it said, "Hey, can we meet tonight at 8:00?" So we show up at 8, thinking that she was going to tell us that she didn't want to meet with us anymore but that's the complete opposite of what happened. She told us how she had been going through a hard time with her husband and while he was out, she knelt down and prayed. Prayed to know if what we were teaching was true. And she said she got an overwhelming feeling that came over her and she could not deny that they were true. At that moment she texted us and began reading the Book of Mormon and she said she is DYING to know more. She has met with us every day since and has a baptism date for September 15th. She gave her best friend a copy of the Book of Mormon as well! She went to a baptism on Saturday for another ward just to see what it was like and LOVED it! Then came to church Sunday and LOVED it! (I hope it was okay that I gave her one of my skirts since she only has 2 levi's and 4 tee-shirts) But really, that was one of the many amazing miracles that we have seen this week.  

I just want you guys to know that I KNOW this church is true. There is not one doubt in my mind about it. I know my Father in Heaven loves me for who I am and I know he is proud of the work I am doing. I know that he has a plan for me and a plan or our family to be together forever. I am so thankful for you guys. I know I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for the love I received from you guys. This is extremely hard work, but even more rewarding. Thank you for your prayers. Thank you for the letters and packages. Thank you for being who you are and thank you for raising me to know that I'm a Beautiful Daughter of God.

LOOOVe you all soooooo Much,   Sister Walker
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment