Sunday, July 28, 2013

Sister Kellee is Working HARD!!! July 15, 2013


"We had over 60 lessons over the past 2 weeks which is INCREDIBLE.  We have been go go go and there's the pic of me passed out during personal study!! Haha, it's hard work, but very rewarding.  I hope you are proud!"
"It's sooo hot here, like you have no idea.  Don't ask me how I know this but, the toilet water is even hot.  Not warm, HOT!  I take back wanting to live here.  Utah is fine enough.  It's nuts.  Hot weather + wind + rain + thunder + lightning = wet ,sticky and exhausted Kellee!"
(Notice, even though she says it's HOT, she is still bundled up in her minky blanket!  I knew there was a reason I sent a big warm blanket with her!)
I really am loving it so much here. It rains a lot around 7 pm and monsoons everywhere. The roads get flooded and all the cars just have to stop until it's safe to drive again!! The humidity is almost unbearable but thankfully this season only lasts 2 more months and THANKFULLY we have a car. (It's funny how in one sentence she does Not want to live there, but in the next sentence she Loves it!)

     The thunder and lightning is awfully scary.  I wish you could see the sunsets, they are sooo beautiful here."  (I thought that maybe she was showing us pic of a fire!)


Exchanges with Sister M for a day.
"We are working our tails off.  I sincerely feel like the Lord will be here before we know it.  What are you guys doing to be prepared?  I am reading the Book of Mormon again, and think it would be cool if we all read it together!  I only have about 15 min a day to read though:("

"This week has been nuts. I have a cold and have been a little under the weather but I just keep pushing myself because I don't even have a desire to rest. I want to serve with 100% obedience. I'm doing a lot better today so don't you worry!! Just say a prayer that my nose will stop running. hahaha"

"This is going to sound crazy but we have taught over 90 lessons over the past 3 weeks. I don't know if you understand how INCREDIBLE that is, but it truly is a blessing. People are lucky to teach 15 lessons a month and we've taught 90 and it's not even the end of the month!! We are seeing miracles everyday and I am learning so much!! I hope I come back with a better understanding of this gospel and a greater appreciation for my savior.
The people I meet are amazing. They have a lot ahead of them but I have such a love for them all."
"We met this guy named H. who is a raging alcoholic with 3 kids who all have different mothers. He is currently married to a woman who is in jail,  but he has such a desire to come unto Christ. He wants so badly to change his life and to give his children the life they deserve. My companions and I were all writing down his telephone number and he said, "Dang, 3 pretty ladies writing down my phone number all at once!! I am looking for a new wife!!" HAHA I could not stop laughing. We also met this sweet beautiful 19 year old named Wendy. She has a 1 year old son and her boyfriend lives in Mexico because he doesn't have citizen-ship here. My heart aches for her. She is lonely, confused about her love life and wants so badly to find somewhere to belong. She came to church with us yesterday and she just cried. She has found that place to belong and she is ready to be baptized. We just need to teach her about the Law of Chastity because she is afraid that if she stops doing those things with her boyfriend, then he will leave her. So we are praying for her and hoping her boyfriend will understand and respect her decision. I wish I could just talk to you on the phone and tell you all about these amazing people I meet. Hahah "
"The worst feeling in the world I have decided, is when a person you have been teaching decides to stop taking the lessons.. It breaks my heart into a million pieces. Sweet S. dropped us today and I felt like someone punched me in the gut. Satan works on these people to the point where they find a reason to stop seeing us. And all we can do is bear our testimonies and hope they will change their mind later. This work is really tough but the miracles we see over and over again outweigh the hard times."
"Keaton, I heard you went to the cabin!! That's so weird because this whole week I had a huge desire to go to the cabin, haha.   When I get home, we can take a trip up there and just hang out together!  Also, I wish you were here to squish all the nasty bugs. There are SO MANY BUGS. It's gross."

"Dad, your birthday is coming up!! I sent you some stuff in a package so keep your eyes out for it!! I hope you do something really fun for your birthday. And make sure you eat some chocolate cake for me!! I have been craving chocolate cake so bad."

                              "I love you all so very much and I miss you just the same.
The Lords work is progressing and I am so privileged to see it progressing every hour.  The work out here is booming, and a lot of the reason is from the members in the ward.  Be sure to encourage the ward at home to find people for the missionaries to teach.   This Church is true and there is no doubt in my mind about it. God has given me all that I have and I am very thankful for the opportunity to serve him in return. Be safe and remember my love for you all grows each and every day. God be with you til we meet again."

Love always,
Sister Kellee Jo Walker




  

No comments:

Post a Comment